Sunday, March 27, 2011

Creativity and New Media

Topic: How New media fosters creativity
Website use: http://www.secondlife.com/
User: lily0newmedia

Includes

  • My own avatar
  • Access to Thousands of fun 3D places
  • Live music & entertainment events
Let's get started by logging on:
















Then I choose my destination, I went to Old Village Europe Market Fair














My next location is the Surf Braata Beach














And finally, i went shopping














In this life, I can customize my appearance, connect with people I meet by voice or text. Everything in this life was made by other users which they called "Residents." I can reach to diverse locations by walking, flying or teleporting. The basic objects in this life such as clothings and shoes are free, others can be bought by Linden Dollars (money they use in this life) by participating and interacting.

3 comments:

  1. Second Life looks like fun. Did you happen to check out that vles site of the lower east side as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second Life is really fun! I signed up last week and was addicted. I spent a lot of time last weekend personalize my avatar and I got to see many people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its addictive! I found out that a lot of my friends play this game and just can't stop!

    ReplyDelete